Welcome to the
Prior Lake Robotics Middle School VEX Program
Supported by Prior Lake Robotics - KING TeC FIRST FRC Team 2169
2014 Registration Information
Registration for 2014 has closed.
Middle School Robotics Details
The middle school robotics program uses the VEX robotics platform and follows the principles of FIRST, For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. The mission of FIRST “is to inspire young people to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.”
- Parent mentors will be needed for each team.
- There will be approximately four team members per team.
- The Registration fee for each team member is $150 (paid at the Oct. 7th meeting).
- Each team member will also be required to provide a $100 deposit check that will be held until the robotics kit is returned with all parts in working order at the end of the season.
- Meeting Schedule to follow - Meetings will be at PLHS on most Tuesdays and Thursdays - 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Some meetings will be required "All Team" meetings and some will be optional Open Build Meetings with King TeC robotic subject matter experts and extra parts will be available.
- The Middle School Robotics VEX end of the season competition will be held on Saturday, Dec. 20th at TOMS.